At Drive Finance Company (Canada) Limited (“DFC”) our commitment is to provide you with vehicle financing. We obtain and, use and share information about you to do so. We appreciate and respect the trust you show in providing information to us. We value our relationship with you, and therefore, explaining to you how we collect, use, disclose and how you may correct errors in your personal information collected is important to us.
We understand the importance of your personal information and take pride in our commitment to maintaining its confidentiality. We ensure that your personal information is collected, used and disclosed only in the manner in which you have consented. Our organization ensures that we meet or exceed the requirements of all laws and regulations applicable in Canada.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any personally identifiable information about you, which may include, but not limited to, your name, home address, phone number, age, sex, marital or family status, credit history, financial information, credit card number as well as the terms of your financing agreements (as applicable).
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information from a variety of sources which is used to:
- Identify you
- Confirm facts about you
- Understand your credit needs
- Evaluate your eligibility of credit products and services
- Delivering our credit products and services to you
To honour your request for financial products and services, we collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent or otherwise as permitted or required by law, including to:
- Administer your account including related audit, quality assurance and risk management.
- Maintain accurate credit information about you even after your finance contract with us has terminated.
- Contact you about your finance contract or vehicle.
- Assess your eligibility for, and offer you, automotive or financial services products that may be of interest to you, follow up with you to determine satisfaction with your sales experience and/or products and services relating to your finance or vehicle, and evaluate your credit, even after your finance contract has terminated. You may withdraw your consent to our use of personal information for these purposes at any time by contacting us as described below.
- Send you electronic communications (e.g. emails and text messages) relating to our products, services, offers, customer surveys and events, if you have consented to receive such electronic communications (which consent may be withdrawn at any time by contacting us as described below or by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in such messages, if any).
- Transfer information obtained about you through the credit application process or relating to your finance contract with us to any third party to which your account may be transferred, provided the purpose for use and disclosure of the information is unchanged.
- Share your contact and vehicle information with our affiliates and motor vehicle dealers
Your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information may be expressly or implicitly given, or may be obtained where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose. For example, we may obtain your express consent when you complete our credit application, electronically or through an authorized representative. Consent may be implied when you provide personal information that is necessary for a service you have requested.
How we share personal information?
In order to provide you with vehicle financing, we share personal information with third parties such as agents and authorized service providers. This sharing allows us to service accounts; provide the services or products requested; report our experiences; protect our business against fraud and unauthorized transactions; respond to governmental requests and regulatory requirements.
We may share personal information with the following types of companies:
- Financial service providers and non-financial companies who provide services for us or on our behalf, such as companies that prepare account invoices or statements.
- Motor vehicle dealers and affiliates to help us service accounts, promote and market our products, provide computer and systems support and other services.
- Others, such as independent contractors or suppliers.
- Administering your account or credit application, including related audit, quality assurance and risk management purposes;
- Updating your account and contact information; and
- We may also share personal information with motor vehicle dealers and affiliates, including your contact information and information about your finance contract, to follow up with you to determine satisfaction with your sales experience and/or products and services relating to your finance contract or vehicle.
Unrelated companies receiving personal information from us for the purposes described above enter into agreements with us to protect the information they receive before information is provided. These agreements also limit the use of the information to providing services we request.
How do we protect Personal Information?
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that customer information is accurate and complete, we rely on our customers to notify us if there is a change to the personal information we hold. If you are aware of any error in our information about you, please let us know so we can correct it wherever possible. In some cases we may ask for a written request for correction.
We protect personal information in a manner appropriate for the sensitivity and nature of the information. We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of the information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information.
We only retain personal information for as long as is reasonable to fulfil the purpose for which it was collects and for legal, regulatory or business purposes.
How can I access the Personal Information held?
DFC customers have a general right to access the personal information we hold, subject to some exceptions. For instance, organizations are required under Personal Information Protection Act to refuse access to information which would reveal personal information about another individual; to refuse access to information if disclosure would reveal confidential business information; or, to refuse if the information is privileged or contained in mediation records.
If DFC refuse a whole or part request to access personal information, we will provide the reasons for the refusal.
You may request access to your personal information by writing to Drive Finance Company Canada Limited Privacy Officer providing sufficient information in your request to identify the information you are seeking. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. It is important for you to know that even if you choose to withdraw your consent, we will continue to use and share your information subject to legal and contractual obligations, such as sharing with third parties to administer your account and reporting your account performance to credit reporting agencies.
Drive Finance Company (Canada) Limited
7350 72 Street
Delta, B.C. V4G 1H9
Toll Free 855 653 4114